Saturday, September 15, 2007

Life, as usual, gets in the way

I didn't post yesterday because I didn't seem to have a second to eat, let alone post.

Worked yesterday, a needlessly, stupidly long and hard day because of the money crunch. Now everything has to be done over and over, with someone who has no idea how I do my job looking over my shoulder constantly asking stupid questions. Wound up so busy that I didn't have time to eat between 10am and 9:30pm, except for a few pieces of cake off the dessert tray. Man did I feel crappy.

I did get a morning walk in, 45 minutes around Wolseley. The rest of the day, from the moment I walked into work was a write-off. Despite my constant pledges, I drank several glasses of coke. Even my staff were making fun of me for needing liquid caffeine, but since I hadn't eaten anything for about 8 hours, and it would be hours more before I could even grab a bowl of soup, I needed the sugar and caffeine to keep me going.

Today wasn't much better. Woke up late, had to run in to work to finish up a few things, didn't have time for breakfast. As soon as I got home from work we had to run off to the football game. Had to be there early for team pictures, and for me to work the bbq, so I grabbed a cheeseburger and coke as soon as I got there, another cheeseburger and coke a few hours later. Fantastic game, another blow-out for O's team, btw, but as soon as I got home I had to call work, again, on my freaking day off, to answer a question I'd already answered, so was too pissed off to eat. Ate a pack of Ichiban, and now all I want is a beer, or 6, and someone to yell at for a while. I certainly don't feel like having a salad and then doing some yoga (probably the best thing for me at the moment, but I'd rather a punching bag than downward dog right now!)

So, tomorrow's weigh-in is probably a moot point, I doubt I've lost any weight. Sigh, well, tomorrow is the beginning of another week!

No comments: