Thursday, August 30, 2007

Human redux

Did pretty good today, ate:

1 mandarin
1 oz cheddar cheese
2 slices of bread with butter and honey
3 cups of milk
1 small bowl beef stew (the meat was making me gag)
1 slice bread with the stew
1 pear
1 slice bread with natural peanut butter
and a Kit-Kat.

Ok, not great, but certainly better than I have lately, and more real food too!

Went for a 50 minute walk after dinner, that's when I stopped for the Kit-Kat, and did some stretching, man am I stiff and sore!

I drank my Pao D'arco with breakfast and after dinner, and had a large glass of water with psyllium husks, to counteract the effects of the iron pills. Did not have my yogurt.

Tomorrow's plan:
breakfast: oatmeal with milk and brown sugar
lunch: chicken noodle soup (homemade) with tuna or veg and cheese sandwich
dinner: pan fried salmon, rice pilaf, and sauteed broccoli, kale, peppers and onions
snack: yogurt (w/ or w/o muesli)

Exercise: sun salutes and 45 minute walk in am, before O wakes up, yoga dvd in evening if my energy level is up to it.

Make tea first thing and drink after thyroid pill. Take iron pill with Vitamin C pill at breakfast. Cut down sinus pills to 1 every 4-6 hours (it feels like I'm getting an infection in my jaw, I've had trouble chewing all day, we'll see where the pain levels are tomorrow. My TS is really generally on a waning phase right now, but my jaw tic is really out of control and I wake up in enormous pain from grinding my teeth and jaw all night.)

Try to do a yoga routine including shoulder stands and take a walk or otherwise wear myself out before bed to avoid having to take sleeping meds.

No comments: