Friday, August 17, 2007

Back on the Wagon...

I hope!

So, rested up again for a while, and now I'm feeling slightly more human. I did a largish grocery shop yesterday, better than I have for a while, and bought good stuff, and planned out meals for a week. Hopefully we can stick to it this week.

For breakfast today I made some steel-cut oats, sauteed in a bit of butter first, with 1/2 + 1/2 and maple syrup. I know, doesn't sound like much of a "diet" breakfast, but there is a method to my madness.

First of all, this is all about eating better, not just losing weight, eating real food, good, home-cooked food. Secondly, because of the thyroid and O's football, I'm experimenting with eating TF (traditional foods), which is necessarily a lot more fat/meat/dairy involved than the current "good" diet looks like.

I haven't lost any weight, in fact a bit has crept on again, but my skin looks fahhhhbulous, like buttah! I haven't stuck well enough to the diet to see if it will help my weight or energy levels, I'm still eating a bag of Doritos or a chocolate bar or 6 every day, and haven't been taking my Pao D'arco tea for the candida, so there's no way I would know how this works for me right now.

So, what I really need to do, starting today, is get my snacking/junk food/pop/crap food addiction under control. It's hard being at work and having access to all the worst stuff, and no good stuff, but I have the next 3 weeks or so without being in the restaurant and around the crappy food and pop guns, so hopefully I can use this time to establish some good habits, and get back in the swing of food planning and prep.

No comments: