Saturday, August 25, 2007

Be careful what you wish for

When I was a kid I really wanted to live off fair ground food, would have been totally happy to eat hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries, those little fried donuts, and anything on a stick.

As an adult, I will pay never to have to eat this crap again!! Seriously!!

I worked at the stadium last night. At the arena, the food options are pretty bad, but at least I can usually have a bowl of the soup and something resembling a salad from the buffet. At the stadium staff meals are given by voucher. That means that I can go to any of the concessions to eat. Which means that my healthiest choices are hot dogs and hamburgers. The only other options are smokies, fried donuts, popcorn drenched in "butter substitute", chocolate bars, twizzlers, slurpees and pizza by the slice.

At least with all the walking not only on the main floor, but having to hike up the ramp (equivalent of about 8 stories or so), I got a bit of exercise. Made up a bit for the cheeseburger and 7-up I had for dinner.

And today is a football game day for O, which means buying another hot dog or hamburger and a pop (I don't have to, but it raises money for the teams, and it's pretty rude not to, and it's way easier than packing several meals to bring with me.) I had back bacon and whole wheat buttermilk pancakes for breakfast, so I should probably go pretty easy on the lunch, and try to get out for a long walk today. Really must fix my bike today, I'm missing out on some easy exercise that way.

No comments: