Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Doing Good!

...if I say so myself, hehe.

I've suddenly lost most of my food cravings. I really put a lot of energy last week into food prep, and maintaining my eating and supplement schedule, and it is really paying off this week. I'm not craving sugar at all (ok, maybe not at all, but only for a few minutes, at night, right before bed, not the overwhelming "I must have sugar" zombie-like, can't think of anything else, sugar cravings I used to have.)

I'm keeping up on my food journal and adding in more fruits and veggies, have had beans 4 or 5 times in the last week, and really cut back on the dairy and meat. In fact, I'm finding meat really gross again, the side effect of a veggie/whole grain heavy diet, I think.

It's warming up outside and I've been making a point to go walking on the river trail at least every other day, the slippery, uneven trail and climbing up and down the river bank to get to it has been way more of a physical challenge than it looks. I feel fine when I'm walking, but I'm really feeling it in my legs and abs at night!

It feels great to have finally put together a couple of good weeks where I really stuck to my plan, and to have it pay off. I'm hoping that I will remember how bad I felt when I was off all supplements, not exercising and eating so much sugar! But this is my biggest bad habit. As soon as I start to feel better, I forget how bad I was and start to doubt that I was ever really sick, start thinking I can live and eat like everyone else and not have it rebound on me 100 times over.

Here's hoping this blog will keep me honest and focused. I'm still not 100%, not even 50%, but I'm feeling so much better, I can wake up in the morning, I'm not dragging myself around exhausted and overwhelmed, I'm not too tired to cook, clean, shop or hang out with my kid, or even read a book. I don't want to go back!

No comments: