Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm baaaack

So I've been gone for a while, but things are going well here. I've been super busy with lots of events at the arena, but have been really focusing on my herbal routine, and my eating, and I've lost about 7 lbs and my energy is going way up.

After watching Oprah's last Dr. Oz show (I love Dr. Oz sooooo much, his purple gloves, his yoga poses, his habit of bringing gifts of embalmed body parts, what's not to love?), where he said most adults in North America have parasites, I decided to add some parasite cleansing to my herbal routine, picked up some goldenseal after some research, and man, it's working fantastic! I think that's what I really needed to add with the pao d'arco and garlic. I'm also really focusing on taking the psyllium seed and probiotic every night, and I think that's probably the most important part of the routine, I really feel it when I fall asleep before doing my nighttime stuff.

Knowing that I was going to be spending probably 25 days out of 30 at work, at least a few hours of the day, I finally got smart and stocked my office and the restaurant fridge with some healthy snack food, high fiber/high protein cereal, almond butter, whole grain crackers, sliced veggies and hummus, cheese, sliced fruit. I made sure to pick very carefully from the buffet (mostly eating only the soups and salads, and made my own, sugar-free salad dressing.)

I'm contemplating going vegetarian for the summer maybe, too. I'm just not feeling the meat thing right now. Maybe it's because O has been eating so much of it, but I just can't stand to touch another piece of meat. I'm actually craving chick peas and black beans and tofu. When I started to cook a lot more meat to satisfy O, I just kind of lost my zest for cooking. I think I'm really just not interested in meat (it's not you, roast beef, it's me.) I'm way more interested in learning to cook a new bean curry or soup than I am in flesh.

No comments: