Thursday, August 14, 2008

Walk around the world

Ok, so I'm not really walking around the world, but after seeing a thread on MDC, I was prompted to start tracking all my walking miles on MapMyWalk and join an online walk around the world club. I've embedded my map on this site, to really push me.

In other news, been keeping up with FitDay, which is unusual for me, usually I get bored with stuff like that quickly, but they have lots of reports and lots of different ways to track progress, so even though the weight isn't falling off, I have improved my nutrition and focused a bit more on bringing my metabolism up, and that at least is giving me a sense of accomplishment.

I've lost 5 lbs in the last 2-3 weeks, which is a fantastic steady loss that is exactly what I'm aiming for. I'm giving the credit entirely to using FitDay, cause I did NOT realize just how much fat I was taking in, yeesh! I've given up snacking on bread and butter at work and that adds up to around 500 calories a day alone. I work in a restaurant (with really, really good food and a French focus, that means butter, butter, cream and buttah!) and I usually gain weight when I start a new job, trying the menu and eating all the high fat stuff available to keep going on 9-12 hour shifts. It's really helping to have a neutral observer, so to speak, that can tell me exactly what I'm taking in. I tend to fudge things a bit if I'm doing the calorie counts on my own.

I've got another crazy week at work coming up, and then should have a bit of a breather, so plan on starting the 100 pushup challenge next Friday or so. Sadly, I could not do even one good form push-up (I've always had really poor upper body strength), so will be starting the program doing girl push-ups on my knees. I plan on going through the 6 weeks doing modified push-ups, then redoing the whole 6 weeks again doing regular pushups and working my way up levels until I'm as strong as an ox!

No comments: