Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Year, new goals

I'm getting back up on that horse, hope I don't break the poor thing's back, sigh. I've gained back all the weight I've managed to lose over the last 3 years, so I'm right back where I started. I am doing better now and am able to get some exercise, and do some food prep, instead of depending on convenience foods.

O has decided he wants to get on the fitness bandwagon with me, making things much easier for me. Having a buddy to kick my ass out of the house (and vice versa) helps so much, and not having to worry about what he'll be willing to eat makes my food planning and prep much smoother.

I've been slowly weaning myself off sugar this week. I don't plan on going totally sugar-free for a few months at least (summer would be the easiest time for me), but do want to cut out sugary foods and other simple carbs like chips, and eat very limited amounts of home made sweets and desserts until then.

Right now, for January, I'm working on food planning and making sure I have healthy snacks and options around to make easy work day lunches and bedtime snacks. I'm looking for some good bean dip recipes, and hope to experiment with some crackers and breads this coming month. I'm going to have a whole week straight off work (give or take a day), so I'm hoping to do lots of feed-the-freezer cooking.

For my body, I'll be aiming to do a yoga dvd at least 3 times a week, getting outside for a walk daily, climbing stairs here at the building (I'm on the 5th floor, so I'll start with doing the stairs once a day, and work up to at least 5 or 6 repeats), and playing hacky sack in my apartment (cheap winter workout!)

No comments: